Finished developing the MyAlbum for Facebook Pro version and it’s now live and kicking at the Google Play store.
Two differences between the Pro and Free version:
1. The Pro version has no ads in it
2. Using the pro version, the ability to tag your friends in the photos you upload is enabled.
So if you are interested in tagging your photos and/or removing the ads and/or just want to support my work, go ahead and grab the Pro (You’ll like it :))
Love to hear some comments about the tagging feature. The bad ones too… (although I hope there are none :))
To tell the truth, when I first wrote MyAlbum for Facebook I did it for myself. I needed a way to Upload/Download blocks of photos to and from Facebook and the official Facebook app just wasn’t enough. It was also the time when I first started developing for the Android platform, so one thing lead to another and MyAlbum was born.
By now I realize I wasnt the only one with these needs. As for the time I am writing this post, MyAlbum was downloaded 146,804 times and collected 2106 Market reviews with an average score of 4.4 stars (out of 5). Number one app in the Android market for Uploading/Downloading Facebook photos.
And here are some statistics on how users use the app in 2012:
1. Users uploaded and shared 727,078 photos.
2. The 727,078 photos shared awarded of an average of 30 feedback each (comments and likes per photo).
3. Each day there are an average of 1,100 comments and 7,700 likes for photos shared by MyAlbum.
4. Users has generated a total of 2,863,336 API calls to Facebook servers.
5. Each day, an average of 1080 new users install MyAlbum on their Android device.
Looks nice ah ?? 🙂
It’s nice to know the app helps so many users in their daily social sharing activities ! As always, you are welcome to mail me with any suggestions, comments and ideas.
Have a great sharing.